Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Baby Shower

I was all pumped and ready to sit and spend some time blogging, but now that I'm holding still long enough....I'm really lazy and just want to take a nap. So my big idea of having a fun post has fizzled... I will just make this as short and sweet as possible! It'll be mostly pictures, but thats more fun anyway, right?!
So last Friday my sister Andrea flew down to stay with us for a few days. I was so happy she was able to come, it was lots of fun to have her here. I gotta say sorry though to her...we really didn't do much! BUT we did eat some amazingly delicious pizza...I think that in itself made her trip worthwhile!! Ok, back to Friday... that night my sister in laws threw me a baby shower at Sam's parents house. It was soo great!! They put in so much time and went way above and beyond... I was so thankful! I walked in and about cried! It was decorated so cute and there was so much yummy looking food...I was overwhelmed with gratefulness! It was a packed house..but it was a lot of fun. We ate, played some games and then I opened up allllll the presents! I'm sure people were sitting there bored out of their minds watching me..but there were so many gifts, and I tried to go as fast as possible! We got soooooo much stuff! Tons of clothes..and when I say tons...I mean TONS, blankets, diapers, wipes, diaper bags (4 to be exact), a bassinet, bottles, pacifiers, a really cool storage/shelf thing that I'm pumped about since we don't have a changing table, so it'll be great to hold diapers and wipes, gift cards to Target and Wal-Mart...yay, a boppy pillow...also VERY excited about that, a glider rocker...which about made me cry. I wanted one of those so bad, but just figured it'd have to wait til we had some money, but my sis in law, Salo, got it for us. I'm so excited about it. And we also got a car seat and stroller! And lots of other things, but I'll stop there. I was so overwhelmed. A good overwhelmed. After all the gifts were opened Salo asked if I wanted to say anything before we ended the shower.. and I just stood up there and cried. What a baby...geeeez! I wasn't the only one crying though... I saw Andrea had a few tears, and so did my sister in laws! :) But I was seriously just so thankful I couldn't help it!! We only needed a few more things til I felt like we were READY for baby to get here.. and we got it all AND some. We're so so so so so blessed and thankful! Between the shower at my mom's house(I never did post about that, but it of course was such a fun shower! Most of my friends from high school were able to be there and so many good friends from my mom's ward came too. It was a ton of fun) and the shower here we have more than we could have ever hoped for! For real...I can't think of one single thing we would need that we don't already have. We're set!

That same night, Sam's co-workers told him they were all going to go out for dinner just for fun, which worked out nicely cause he went with them during the shower. But he got there to a surprise baby shower for him!! :) So he came home with a car full of gifts too that night!! Andrea and I pretty much sorted through everything and made some piles that night, and that's as far as we got with organizing and putting it all away!! Everything sat out in our living room til last night when I FINALLY got some motivation to take care of it all! And it feels so great to have it all done. Our closet is packed with little pink things...but it all looks so nice and organized! I'm really happy about it. I was worried there for awhile that we wouldn't have any room for baby things..but it all worked out and everything fits! Yay!!

Ok so this post ended up being a LOT longer than I thought.. So much for short and sweet eh? :) Oh well, I'm done blabbering now...here are some pics!


The yum food


Sam's sister Salo passing around baby food for one of the games

In our apt..the glider chair I got that I LOOOOVE!!

Sam & Andrea sitting in all the mess


The carseat.. the stroller matches it. So cute.

Some pretty flowers from the shower.. they make our apartment smell so good! And they open up so pretty every day..ahh, I love them!

Some of little girls clothes...I didnt hang up all her onesies, pj's and most of her pants!

The cool storage cart thing we got...

-------------------------------------------------------

Some random pictures...


We had our nephew Uliti for the day last Wednesday...he is soo stinkin cute and chubby. I love him. He and Sam sat and watched tv like that for quite some time.. :)
He fell asleep like this in the swing...how cute are his little hands up on his head?! Oh, he's cute!

And here I am at 36 weeks!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow you got A LOT of stuff at your baby showers! Aren't baby showers the best tho!?!

Joyce said...

That was a fun post. Love seeing the pictures - especially the one of all the little baby girl clothes hanging in the closet. And also the one of you. You look really cute. That's because you ARE really cute.

Dan n' Josie said...

Oh my gosh, Amy..you got Soooooooo much stuff, I can't beleive it..Dang. you guys are all set..I'm so excited for her to get here..You look so cute, and still so skinny

vanessa v said...

The shower was great! It's so fun getting all that cool stuff. Reality doesn't really set in that she's coming until you start hangin up those clothes huh? Well, I am so excited for her to come!

The Higbees said...

Ooooooh I'm just so excited for you I can't even handle it!! What an AMAZING shower that sounds like!! Look at all her cute stuff!! It's crazy how soon she'll be here- I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

ha ha did you seriously start off the post with "short and sweet"? Happy Baby Shower!

Jewels Rules said...

what a fun time.. You got lots and lots of cute stuff. I can't wait to meet baby levatau.. plus p.s. that was so not short.. and you best be adding me so I can still see your blog.. jewels_990@hotmail.com

Ammon and Natalie said...

You look so good Amy! You two got spoiled at your shower it looks like! That food looked great! We are excited for you too!

ANDREA said...

im so glad I got to come that weekend. it was fun. yeah its true we didn't do much but clearly i didnt care - i didn't have any motivation to move off that big blow up mattress more than you did to move off the couch. it was just fun being there for the shower- and i was crying before you even finished opening all the presents..thank you very much. i'm just a cryer by nature you didn't have to point it out! Your sisters did such a great job with the shower- it was amazing. It made me love them so much more for doing that for you guys. im just still mad maiya didn't come when i was there. you need to learn to LISTEN TO ME! but it was fun hanging out and eating yum pizza and laughing and playing games. i love you and can't wait for the cute babes to come.

ANDREA said...

oh ....and little uliti. i don't even know what to say about that cute little chunky baby. i wish i could squeeze him right now!!! i love him- he's so sweet and cute. I miss him. if they need a babysitter ever- i'm available..just fly him up to me and i'll watch him for however many days, months, years, decades they want k. :) because i know there aren't enough babysitters down there to watch him or anything

Anneke said...

Yay for family and yay for showers. (The kind that get you clean AND the kind with presents!) Spoiled kids! But I'm SO glad! That is so great! I'm glad you're brave and post pictures of yourself so I can see that I'm still bigger than you... :)

Jess and Eli said...

I keep checking to see if you've had your little angel yet! Good luck with everything! (Labor really isn't that bad and the result is the most amazing thing in the world!!!)