Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

Last night, me Diana and Brittany packed up a picnic and left for the beach at around 730 to try and find a good place to sit for the fireworks. We were glad we left when we did because it took us almost an hour and a half to find a place to park! And when we finally found one we had to walk a looooong ways to the beach with all our blankets and bags full of food! We got there right as the fireworks were starting, and the guys and Keighley came about 5 mins before they ended! But it was still a lot of fun, we ate our sandwiches and chips on the beach and went and got our feet wet in the ocean. But it was getting cold and it was really windy so we started packing up, and right when we got off the board walk it started raining! So we had to walk the whole way back to our cars with it raining! Luckily it wasn't POURING like it usually does here, but we were all pretty wet! It was a fun night and we were able to spend the holiday with our close friends!
Diana wasn't ready for the picture, but Blake was! He's such a cute little guy who jabbers alll the time and will carry on a conversation with you with his jibberish.

They shot the fireworks off from a boat out on the ocean, so it was really cool to see the fireworks up over the ocean...I wish I could have gotten a better picture!

Brittany, Diana and Me...wet from the rain!

Me & Sam started talking to this lady on the walk back, like just to be nice..not really thinking she'd walk ALL the way with us talking our ears off. But she did. Bless her heart. She was all alone so I'm sure she enjoyed our company..Sam was a sport to keep up the conversation. :)

Sam giving Blayne a piggy-back ride...Blake did NOT like it cause he thought Sam was hurting his dad, so it didn't last very long!

Cj, Diana, Chris, Me, Sam, Keighley, Mike
Blaye, Blake, Brittany

Us in the ocean..it was kind of windy :)

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Aren't pictures just the greatest invention? I loved looking at these and I'm glad you have such good friends there to do things with.

Anneke said...

super fun! But what's with the total white blog background? I can't even read it... well, I can but I feel like an old lady squinting and turning my head just right. And don't say that I am an old lady cause I'm not!!

AMY LEVATAU said...

i dont know whats up with my background..i didn't do anything to it! maybe i just need to re-do it or get a new one...and, you are an old lady :)

AMY LEVATAU said...

oh wait, now its not all white...weird..

ANDREA said...

FUUUUUUUN

it was windy for us too doing fireworks in woods cross