Thursday, October 23, 2008

the good and not so good, at all...

THE GOOD:
Sam's uncle Rob is going to give me a buddy pass! So that means I'll for sure be able to fly to Utah in Nov for only $99 round-trip! Woo hoo!!! I'm so excited..

THE NOT SO GOOD:
Today at work I took the kids on a walk. Owen and Miles rode their bikes, and I pulled the girls in a wagon! Miles was having a rough time cause he kept tipping over on the hills going up to peoples driveways, but I was able to catch him most the time since I was right behind him...but we were right in front of their neighbors house, and Miles went off the sidewalk a little bit and fell over...hard. :( Luckily he landed on grass AND was wearing the Cinderella helmet! (We couldn't find his, so he wore his sisters old one.. :) ) He fell pretty dang hard, and I picked him up and asked where it hurt and he said his arm, so I asked him to move it around to make sure it wasn't all sorts of broken, and he could move it just fine, so we walked home and he really only cried for about 5 mins, if that. We put an ice pack on it and he just hung out on the couch...a few hours later his Mom was getting ready to leave to a meeting, and we noticed he was holding his arm really funny against his body. So Vanessa asked him if it hurt and had him try moving it up and down, and he burst into tears while trying to move it. I noticed that his poor little elbow was a little big swollen too...so Vanessa decided to take him to the hospital to get it checked out. Two hours later they came back and Miles looked like this :
POOR LITTLE GUY!!
(he got cool stickers from the nurse and he put them on his arm that wasn't hurt, he was so proud :))
He has a fractured bone in his cute little arm. :( I felt so so so bad. I know it wasn't MY fault, but I was the one who was with him when it happened, and I was able to catch him on all his other falls, I don't know why I didn't get to him in time on the last one!!....But Vanessa said he was so brave and didn't even cry the whole time they were taking xrays and putting his cast on. He has to wear the cast and sling for at least a week. He has to go a special doctor next week to make sure its healing properly. He really was so brave and tough about it all..he's such a cute little man.

2 comments:

Anneke said...

Oh, poor little guy. I know how bad you must feel, but don't... you're just getting really prepared for motherhood. :)
Then you feel bad about something pretty much every day.

But woo-hoo!! Buddy passes ROCK!

ANDREA said...

what a cute little kid. he's a little boy- they are made to fall down and break things. but its still sad he got hurt.

but im so happy about the buddy pass so you can come home for a few days- the concert would have been so boring without you!